Networking Sports is committed to the protection of your personal information in accordance with the National Privacy Principles set out in the Privacy Act 1988.
1. What is "Personal Information"
1.1 "Personal information" is any information or opinion (recorded in any form) about a person, whether true or not, from which that person may be identified.
1.2 Networking Sports collects personal information from its users via the Networking Sports website (Website) or when you email us or contact us by telephone or mail.
2. Information collected via Networking Sports Website
2.1 Networking Sports will not collect any personal information about visitors to the Website except when they knowingly provide it or as otherwise described below. For example, Networking Sports will collect personal information from users to its Website when they register to subscribe to the website, receive e-newsletters, enter competitions or surveys.
2.2 When you visit and browse the Website, Networking Sports Website host will collect personal information for statistical, reporting and maintenance purposes.
2.3 This information will not be used to identify you and may include:
- the number of users visiting the Website and the number of pages viewed;
- the date, time and duration of a visit; or
- the path taken though the Website.
2.4 Networking Sports Website host uses this information to administer and improve the performance of the Website.
2.5 Cookies are small text files that are transferred to a user's computer hard drive by a website for the purpose of storing information about a user's identity, browser type or website visiting patterns.
2.6 If you access the Website, a cookie is downloaded onto your computer's hard drive when you first log onto the Website and it is automatically deleted from your hard drive after a period of thirty days.
2.7 Web beacons are images that originate from a third party site to track visitor activities. Networking Sports does not currently use web beacons to track the visiting patterns of individuals accessing its Website.
3. What information Networking Sports collects about you
3.1 Networking Sports collects or may collect the following kinds of information about users:
- 'contact information'. This may include an email address where Networking Sports can contact you. It may also include your name, mobile phone number, other phone numbers or address details.
- Communications (by email or other means, which pass through the Networking Sports systems) between yourself and Networking Sports.
- Other personal information provided voluntarily by you. This could be in response to surveys, contests or online activities.
- Non-personally identifiable information, such as your IP address, browser type, pages visited etc. None of this information identifies you personally.
4. How Networking Sports uses the personal information it collect about you
4.1 Networking Sports uses the information it collects from you for the primary purpose for which it is collected and for such other secondary purposes that are related to the primary purpose of collection. Networking Sports generally uses personal information to:
Provide you with products or services you have requested.
Direct marketing in relation to promotional activities where it is impracticable for Networking Sports to obtain your prior written consent. However, when Networking Sports does this, we will provide an express option for you to decline receiving any further marketing communications from Networking Sports, via an opt out mechanism. Networking Sports will only send you emails if you have elected to receive such emails in response to an email we have received from you.
5. Who we disclose your personal information to
5.1 Networking Sports discloses your information to its advertising and marketing agents, but only on terms requiring them to comply with this statement. If you do not wish to receive promotional information, you can contact Networking Sports at any stage in the future so that your name can be removed from its marketing lists.
5.2 Networking Sports may also disclose your personal information to its Website host and technology service providers in certain limited circumstances, for example, when the Website experiences a technical problem, to ensure that it operates in an effective and secure manner.
5.3 Otherwise, Networking Sports will not disclose any of your personal information to any other organisation unless the disclosure is required by law or is otherwise permitted by the National Privacy Principles.
6. Your consent
7. Updating, storage and security of personal information held by Networking Sports
7.1 Networking Sports aims to keep your personal information secure and up to date. Any personal information that is collected via the Website or which is held on Networking Sports computer systems is protected by safeguards including physical, technical (firewalls, SSL encryptions etc) and procedural methods.
7.2 Networking Sports does not collect sensitive or financial information about its users via the Website.
7.4 You can update your contact and profile information at any time by logging onto the Website and following the appropriate links.
8. Finding out what personal information Networking Sports holds about you
8.1 You are entitled to access personal information that Networking Sports holds about you. If you request access to your personal information, we will grant your request unless providing you with access would unreasonably impact upon the privacy of others or is not otherwise permitted under the National Privacy Principles. If Networking Sports refuses your request to access your personal information, it will provide you with reasons for our refusal.
9. What to do if you have a question, problem or complaint about our use of your personal information